he Near Eastside is a vibrant, thriving community.
he John H. Boner Community Center inspires neighbors and partners to improve the quality of life on the Near Eastside by providing tools for change and growth.
- We work to build a community where people want to live, work and leave an impact.
- We ensure a welcoming and active environment for community residents, programs/services and partners which will facilitate relationship development.
- Every person is valued and respected; there is an exchange of learning and growing that happens within our community.
- Cultivation of leadership is the ability to attract, retain and develop individuals. This includes: staff, volunteers, neighbors and business partners.
- The Center is an “Employer of Choice” where individuals feel esteemed in their roles. We create an environment where people are cultivated, nurtured and recognized.
- We are a community where residents set the agenda for the neighborhood and individuals define their measurements of success.
- The Center leverages resources and demonstrates good stewardship of investments within this community.
- The ability to impact the quality of life on the Near Eastside is defined by the breadth and depth of collaboration with partners.