Full-time Financial Coach – Bilingual
Full-time Financial Coach – Bilingual at John Boner Neighborhood Centers.
The financial coach provides direct services to individuals with low to moderate-income who are enrolled as Center for Working Families customers. Financial counseling and coaching involve an ability to engage and encourage customers, a strong understanding of personal finances, and the ability to teach that knowledge to others. The financial coach is responsible for assisting customers in developing plans of action that are intended to help the customer reach their short and long-term goals and expand their financial capability. The financial coach will primarily engage customers through one-on-one counseling. However, the coach will also conduct classes and workshops on related financial topics. The financial coach will work Intra- and inter- departmentally to ensure that the customer is accessing needed resources and services across the department and organization. Interested candidates should submit a cover letter, resume and references to Carla James at firstname.lastname@example.org No phone calls, please.
• Bilingual – Ability to Speak and Write in Spanish
• Two or more years financial counseling/planning or credit counseling experience or certification preferred.
• A four year degree in a related field of study or relevant work experience and proven ability to successfully use financial coaching skills with target population.
• General knowledge and understanding of the needs of a low-income working population, as well as knowledge of available community resources.
• Experience teaching or facilitating group workshops is a plus.
• Excellent social/interpersonal skills and writing ability commensurate with the communication and reporting requirements of the position.
• Strong computer skills including experience with MS Office applications, using the Internet and database management.
• Well-organized and self-directed, with ability to manage multiple tasks and priorities with great attention to detail.
• Incumbent must have valid driver’s license and own reliable transportation, as this position requires occasional travel.