Full Time Maintenance Technician
Performs general, high quality workmanship in maintenance to the John H. Boner Center properties and various facets of property maintenance at John H. Boner Community Center properties while working under the immediate supervision of the John H. Boner Community Center’s Facility and Maintenance Manager. Interested candidates’ please send cover letter and resume to Ken Whisman. Email: email@example.com fax: (317) 633-3006. Or fill out an application at the John H. Boner Community Center. No phone calls please.
Maintenance Management: Coordinates and completes assigned maintenance projects as directed by the Facility and Maintenance Manager.
Education/Training: Assists in the presentation of programs, workshops and out-reach projects. Assists in training staff in new policies and procedures.
Operations: Assists in operational troubleshooting and in streamlining work processes.
Supervision: May provide daily guidance and functional supervision to assigned staff or volunteers during the absence of the Facility and Maintenance Manager.
- Repair or replace defective faucets, toilets, water heaters, burned out light bulbs, broken switches, receptacles, ballasts, garbage disposals, etc.
- Check roofs periodically for leaks; clean gutters quarterly.
- Install new equipment according to manufacturer’s specifications and provide identification information to supervisor for warranty and parts tracking.
- Electrical Maintenance, including troubleshooting circuits and replacing breakers and other associated distribution equipment.
- Drywall and plaster repair
- Inspects and maintains HVAC systems including filter changes and performance checks.
- Prepares and or coordinates preparation of vacant units for move-ins, including painting, cleaning carpets, varnishing doors, etc. within scheduled time period.
- Routinely performs quality control checks on completed work orders
- Provides information for time, production, inventory, MDS and other record keeping and reports
- Supervises Community Service workers for landscaping maintenance
- Completes room set up as required for various group meetings
- Address maintenance requests in a timely manner.
- Able to respond to emergency night and weekend call.
- All other duties as assigned.
The preceding essential function statements are not intended to be an exhaustive list of tasks and functions for this position. Other tasks and functions may be assigned as needed to fulfill the mission of the organization.
- 5+ years preferred experience with maintenance trades
- 5+ years preferred experience with maintenance inspections/tests and repairs
- HVAC Certified and hands on experience
- Supervisory experience preferred within the repair/maintenance Industry
- Must be able to lift up to 50 lbs
- Strong communication and follow-up skills.
- Ability to work weekends and holidays.
- Knowledge of safety rules and regulations including IOSHA standard, building codes, and electrical codes.
- Requires dexterity, frequent standing, bending, reaching, stooping, and kneeling; frequent lifting of light to heavy objects; frequent climbing of ladders and stairs; occasional outdoor work in inclement weather
- Requires basic knowledge of safety procedures required in the performance of work assignments.
- Requires ability to work independently.
- Requires ability to track and perform multiple tasks and manage projects
- Must provide own transportation.
- Must provide and maintain personally owned hand tools in accordance with JHB specifications.