The Driver is responsible for transporting individuals and groups participating in John H Boner Community Center programs and activities or contracting with JHBCC for transportation services. Must have a Commercial Driver’s License; a safe driving record; ability to frequently lift moderately heavy objects and the ability to work evenings and weekends. Fill out application at the John H. Boner Community Center; 2236 E. 10th Street Indianapolis, IN 46201
1. Safely transport clients and program participants to and from the John H. Boner Community Center, on field trips, to recreational
activities, or to other service agencies.
2. For routine transportation, prepare a schedule and determine the most efficient routes for picking up and returning clients.
3. Complete required transportation reports on a timely basis, including mileage and data on persons transported.
4. Complete vehicle inspection sheet and advise supervisor immediately if any repairs are necessary.
5. As necessary, assist clients in safely getting in and out of the vehicle, especially children, the handicapped and the elderly.
6. Observe and enforce all laws and regulations governing the transportation of passengers
7. Participate in ongoing training.
8. Pick up supplies; deliver reports and perform other errands as directed.
9. Perform other duties as assigned.
- High school diploma or equivalent
- At least six months of related experience preferred.
- Must have or be able to obtain a Commercial Driver’s License.
- Must have a safe driving record.
- Demonstrated ability to properly operate a van or bus.
- Ability to assist passengers in and out of a vehicle.
- Ability to tolerate varying weather conditions, including occasional extreme temperatures.
- Demonstrated ability to communicate with diverse individuals and groups.
- Knowledge of driving laws and regulations.
- Familiarity with Indianapolis area.
- Ability to frequently lift moderately heavy objects and to push an occupied wheelchair.
- Ability to sit for long periods of time.
- Ability to work evenings and weekends.
- CPR certification (adult and child) required. Must have ability to obtain certification. JHBCC may provide this training.