Supportive housing for families with school-aged children
John Boner Neighborhood Centers, in partnership with Thomas Gregg Neighborhood School, offers a unique opportunity for students and families. The Union Apartments provides quality, affordable housing for students and their families. Families will receive an array of services and coaching supports designed to help them achieve their goals.
- At least one student ages 3 – 8 in household
- Qualifying income
- Utility assessment
- Background check
- Commitment to participate in John Boner Neighborhood Centers Financial Success coaching program.
Check your eligibility and start an application today!
Requirements for families living in the Union Apartments
The required programming is designed to support individuals and families to document and share their aspirations, clearly define plans to achieve their aspirations and receive support along their journey. Program Requirements:
1st six (6) months
- Complete INHP Responsible Renting Web based course before scheduled move-in date.
- Complete Pathways to Your Financial Destination course within the first three months of residency.
- Complete Getting Ahead in a Just Getting by World course within the first six months of residency.
- Meet quarterly with the John Boner Neighborhood Center Financial Success Financial and Career Coaching team to create, refine and implement financial, household, personal and professional goals.
- Meet bi-monthly with a Financial Success Case Manager to address life plan follow-up and update your Financial Success coaching team.
- Participate in at least four (4) scheduled networking and personal development meetings.
- Participate in at least four (4) scheduled family engagement gatherings each year of residency.
Children and Adults
- Elementary aged children (K-6th Grade) must attend Thomas Gregg Neighborhood School.
- Elementary aged children (K-6th Grade) must attend the free John Boner Neighborhood Centers Afterschool Program.
- Junior and Senior High Students must be engaged in extracurricular activities.
- Enroll all eligible students in 21 Century Scholars Programs.
- Actively engage in children’s education and social development.
Call us at 317-633-8210 to learn more about the program and leasing opportunities!